In situations where consultants go into project as the solo team member, they typically have to handled the end-to-end engagement, wearing the many different hats:
– to manage the client relationship and manage their expectations
– to understand their business processes and design the solution
Data Migration Consultant
– to map legacy data into the new system and execute the import process
– to test their solution and make sure it’s fit for purpose and as per specifications
– to deploy the solution and data to the various environments such as QA/Training and eventually to Production
– to train end-users on how to use the software.
… and many more.
That’s how I started my career, and I think it’s built some muscles that I did not know I had!
Sure – that’s of little comfort when you have an unhappy client, and it wasn’t your fault, but you’re expected to fix the situation.
Just breathe, and know that you’ll get stronger once you get through the other side!